Thursday, August 11, 2011

Quick updates from Norway


So it has accidently been far too long without any updates. In the past few weeks I have been away on a quick holiday to LA, NY, London, am now in Oslo and have Berlin and Bangkok ahead of me. I was in NY when the Oslo attacks happened and left London the day before rioting broke out, it's been really bizarre, but thankfully the people I know in both places are safe.

I can not wait to get home and begin working a lot harder on my art and career as an illustrator, I have seen some amazing shit in museums and galleries and stuff like the grand canyon and viking ruins. Hooley Dooley.

Now just some quick updates which I will remember to go into later... I won the Appleton's competition so a huge thank you to all who took the time to vote and send it on to encourage others to vote, it's fucking incredible I am going to Jamaica in October and I have just now seen the first mug out of the kiln to approve the stain/glazing etc... IT'S SO AWESOME. I hope there are enough to go around, because I want like 10.

I almost managed to finish my organ series before fying off but not quite, so when I get home I will be working hard to push them through, and want to start on another bunch of exhibitions I have always wanted to do. I have also decided to separate drawing from painting to experiment more with paint and be able to keep my illustration style and develop that further.

Here is a photo of me enjoying Field Day Festival in London last week.